Orthopaedic Consultant, UHCW NHS Trust since 2000
- Trauma and Elective practise in group of 23 surgeons.
- Sub-specialist interest in Knee surgery including Cartilage repair, Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction, Meniscal Surgery, Primary Arthroplasty and Osteotomies about the knee
- Senior Knee surgeon for trauma and elective knee surgery
Chairman UK Meniscal Study group, sub section of BASK
Specialist knee surgeon to Local Sports teams including
- Coventry City Football Club
- West Bromwich Albion
- Birmingham City Football Club.
Lead and Secretary of Midlands Problem Knee Club
- a club of 30 local knee surgeons meeting once every 3 months to discuss problem knee cases.
Previous Consultant Appointment
Orthopaedic Consultant, Royal Navy, Royal Hospital Haslar, Gosport. 1995 – 2000
- Services Hospital providing district general hospital facilities for local Gosport, Fareham and Portsmouth area in addition to specialist trauma facilities for servicemen transferred from worldwide.
- General orthopaedic practise with a main sub specialist interest in knee ligament reconstruction, including anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments.
May 1999 – June 1999 BOA Travelling Fellowship
- Dr Scott Gillogly, Atlanta, Georgia
- Drs Freddie Fu and Chris Harner, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Drs Tom Klootwyk and Don Shelbourne, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Drs John Feagin, Kevin Speer and Larry Higgins,Duke University, North Carolina
- ISAKOS meeting Washington (presented research paper)
- AOSSM meeting Michigan
July 1994 – July 1995 Orthopaedic Fellowship
Orthopaedic and Arthritic Hospital, Toronto, Canada.
- Arthroscopic Surgery and Sports Medicine
- Dr. Richard Holtby and Dr. John Cameron
- Spine Surgery
- Dr. Hamilton-Hall and Dr. Michael Ford